axiom-math

Is Axiom Good For Knot Theory?

From: Anthony Baca
Subject: Is Axiom Good For Knot Theory?
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:05:02 -0500

Hi All,
I’ve recently discovered Axiom and was wondering if it would be appropriate for computing the kei quandle in Knot Theory. It essentially amounts to looking up values in a multiplication table - only the operation is non commutative.

I wind up with these nested expressions and am trying to write a program to quickly solve them - ex. 9 (6 0)

I tried Sage math, but it didn't really do what I wanted as far as i could tell. I've been working on a tool to do this in Python, but it's kind of hard to do analytical stuff like telling when two different expressions might be equal or reduced or not. Ex. Knowing when  (6  0) == ( 6)  ( 0)

In short, can Axiom or other CAS systems handle non-standard binary operations and reduce expressions? Would you be able to direct me to such a tool?

Thanks for all the help! I hope I'm using the correct mailing list.
Anthony