ayttm-devel

Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window

From: Philip S Tellis
Subject: Re: [Ayttm-devel] Prefs window
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:48:10 +0530 (IST)

Sometime Today, Andy assembled some asciibets to say:

> Now, as I'm looking at pref stuff...  it would be nice if prefs_window could
> move into the gtk dir.  To do this, I think prefs.[ch] should have a struct
> containing the prefs which it can pass to the window's constructor [sorry,
> C++ speak :-)].  E.G. in prefs.h:

Agreed.  I had tried to start something like this, but it was too much
of a headache - some other files also had to be changed.  If you think
you can, then go ahead.

Also, speaking of C++, what do others think about writing some parts in
C++?  We could have an abstract base prefs class, and let the Gtk+ one
derive from it.

> struct prefs
> {
>       int             do_login_on_startup;
>       int             do_ayttm_debug;
>       int             do_ayttm_debug_html;
> };

since the prefs list is potentially infinite, I'd suggest using a list
of value_pairs.

> independent.  It also eliminates the
> do_login_on_startup/do_login_on_startup_old stuff because we can just copy

yeah, hated that.

Philip