bfteam

[Bfteam] Re: Important note to add quickly without fail.

From: D. E. Evans
Subject: [Bfteam] Re: Important note to add quickly without fail.
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:36:30 -0600

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 07:54:08AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> This article would be very good for us to link to,
> but the URL given is useless since it will become subscribers-only
> in a few days.

For the moment, I have added the following to GNUs Flashes, and
What's New:

<a
href="http://news.independent.co.uk/world/science_technology/story.jsp?story=
537951">
The Independent</a> reports a US Computer Emergency Response
Team alert regarding Microsoft's Internet Explorer security
vulnerabilities.  "It is possible to reduce exposure to these
vulnerabilities by using a different web browser."
(However, they should not refer to the people who exploit these
    security holes as
<a
href="http://www.stallman.org/articles/on-hacking.html";>"hackers"</a>.)

> Can you find this article, or another equally good one,
> in a stable URL that will remain publicly accessible,
> and put a link it in our home page?

We haven't found one yet, though I did run across a Slate article
suggesting Firefox/Mozilla as a suitable replacement for IE:

<http://slate.msn.com/id/2103152/>

What would like us to do if we can't find a replacement?

--
D. E. Evans <address@hidden>
<http://www.deevans.net>