chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] eggs with problems

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] eggs with problems
Date: 06 Mar 2008 08:07:54 -0300

Hi Elf,

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:13:09 -0800 (PST) Elf <address@hidden> wrote:

> directfb : missing .meta (owner: hans bulfone)
> file-mirror : missing .meta (owner: alejandro) (is this an egg?)
> generics : empty dir (owner: felix)
> geos : empty dir (owner: mario)
> gl-display-glx : missing .meta, missing licence, missing owner (thu?)
> gl-font : missing .meta, missing licence, missing owner (presumed thu also?)
> gtk: missing .meta, missing licence (owner: alejandro)
> locality: missing .meta, missing licence (owner: graham)
> wiki-capture-symbols: missing meta, missing licence (owner: kon) (is this an
> egg?)

I think those eggs miss the .meta file intentionally, so the code is
not uploaded to call/cc.org (maybe because the egg is not finished).

`geos' was created for Mark Fredrickson (usually I create the empty
dirs and authors fill them with code -- the svn log should tell whom I
created the dir for).

> i realise that some of these are probably not eggs and some are in
> early devel stages.  im just trying to go through the entire egg dir
> and make sure that the meta files and licences are in tune with
> themselves, the wiki, and the docs, cause im sick of the amount of
> time spent answering licence questions when it should be an RTFM but
> isnt.

Right.

> does anyone have any thoughts regarding my bootstrapping idea brought
> up yesterday?  did the letter even get there?

Felix forwarded your message to chicken-hackers.  There are only a few
people subscribed to this mailing list.  chicken-{hackers,users}
usually give more answers.

Best wishes,
Mario