Re: [Chicken-users] disable-interrupts

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] disable-interrupts
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2003 20:43:36 +0200 (CEST)

On 7 Apr 2003, Chris Double <address@hidden> wrote:

> What does the command line '--disable-interupts' do? I tried a diff against a
> file compiled with this and without it and it showed only one difference -
> that being the comment at the type of the file showing the command line used
> to compile it.

Answer 20 in the FAQ contains:
"If threads are not used, you can declare (disable-interrupts)."
and the manual says:
"Disable timer-interrupts checks in the compiled program. Threads can
not be preempted in main- or library-units that contain this declaration."

> I also notice that some files in the chicken distribution use (declare
> (disable-interrupts)) and others use (declare (interrupts-disabled)). Which
> is the correct one?

Both are correct - and even (not interrupts-enabled) will do the same
(see manual.tex)

As I stumbled across these variations before, maybe a (drastic) simplification
would be helpful.

Greetings
Sven