Re: [Chicken-users] size of the symbol table

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] size of the symbol table
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 07:29:13 +0200 (CEST)

On 10 Apr 2003, felix <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I read the documentation and found -:t
> > -- a way to specify symbol table size.
> >
> > Is this parameter worth variating for maximal performance?
>
> Try it out. If you have *very* many symbols, it might improve
> symbol table lookup.

O.K. I will do some testing and report my findings if they look interesting.
Ooops! If I use -:t8 (-:t8k, ... all other values I tried with examples/mmcp
and other programs), I get a "Segmentation fault":

0x4001cab0 in CHICKEN_parse_command_line ()
   from /programs/free/chicken-cvs/lib/libuchicken.so.0
(gdb) bt
#0  0x4001cab0 in CHICKEN_parse_command_line ()
   from /programs/free/chicken-cvs/lib/libuchicken.so.0
#1  0xbffff133 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0x1
(gdb)

Ciao