[Chicken-users] New Egg: Rooster Graph

From: Jonah Beckford
Subject: [Chicken-users] New Egg: Rooster Graph
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 01:08:30 -0400

I have open-sourced one of the projects I am currently working on: Rooster
Graph.  The home page is at http://www.nongnu.org/rgraph/, and the egg can
be downloaded at http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/rgraph/rgraph.egg.

When installing the egg with "chicken-setup rgraph" (after downloading the
egg of course!), you will be prompted if you do not have Alejo's SRFI-40
egg; you can install without it but the stream functionality will not be
available to you.

README excerpt:

Rooster Graph is a graph library for Scheme. Patterned after the popular
Boost Graph Library for C++, it allows for a very clean separation between
the graph container and graph algorithms. It does not have the complete
functionality of the Boost Graph Library, but it does go a bit further by
having both strict- and lazy-evaluated methods; the user of the graph has
pause/continue/stop control and is not constrained by memory.

Rooster Graph uses Scheme macros to get the benefit of speed while having
generic operations. It has only been implemented on CHICKEN Scheme, although
porting it to other Scheme implementations would be quite easy.

------
Jonah