Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload:

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload: broken pipe
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:18:42 +0200

Ed Watkeys wrote:

Regarding the SIGPIPE error, a properly-functioning web server and client should not generate SIGPIPE: Someone is doing something wrong. As someone suggested, the problem could be as simple as the server sending an extra newline after a request. If no one else is going to look into this, I'd be willing to.

Hey, that would be nice. It *might* be possible that the first reference
to / gets redirected to /index.html and that redirection-reply perhaps
sends an extra "\n".

On a related subject, I found that there are interoperability issues with the XMLRPC client: It doesn't like talking to HTTP 1.1 servers. (Or is it that the server doesn't serve clients who submit HTTP 1.1 requests? I'm not sure; it was a while ago.)

Hm. What exactly goes wrong there?