Re: [Chicken-users] status of chickenlib: build process and mysql interf

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] status of chickenlib: build process and mysql interface usage sample
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:10:49 +0200

gian paolo ciceri wrote:
Hello all,
for what I can read on the web site,
chickenlib libraries are currently not actively maintained.

Ys, that's true.

I've tried to build them using the included configure script:
it fails (no scheme-srfi-0 find) but manually chicken-ing out
sources one should be able to build what he needs.

Two questions:
1. any idea/plan how/to integrate them back
with a chicken-setup installation utility ?

Well, mainly update the sources to the current state (quite a few
things have changed in the language Chicken supports).

2. I'm particulary interested in the mysql interface:
any kind soul out there that can share with me a
sample of usage ?

Sorry, I have never used them. From what little I know, it
uses an approach by Oleg Kiselyov (see http://okmij.org/ftp/Scheme/#databases).
But I'm not sure.