[Chicken-users] Eggs' documentation (was Re: New snapshot available)

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: [Chicken-users] Eggs' documentation (was Re: New snapshot available)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:30:52 +0000

Hello,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:36:35 +0200 felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:

>   * HTML documentation for eggs can now be included into the egg and
> will be installed in the repository (using the `documentation'
> info-property)
>
>   * `chicken-setup -docindex' shows path of generated documentation
> index for all installed eggs

I was just looking for the message which originated the request for
these features when I received this e-mail.

Some questions:

1. Should the documentation be provided as HTML or in the eggdoc format?

2. I think the possibility of having the documentation available from
   the repl useful.  Is it a general opinion or just my own?

If the answer for 1 is "eggdoc" and for 2 is "general", what do you
think about the idea of extending the eggdoc egg in such a way that it
can also generate the documentation according to the man egg file
format?

So we could have pretty formatted output (HTML) and a way to
quick-access the documentation from the repl, both resulting from the
same input (the eggdoc formatted file).

Worth, difficult, useless?  What do you think?

Best wishes,
Mario