[Chicken-users] Testing at runtime for the presence of eggs?

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] Testing at runtime for the presence of eggs?
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 00:38:47 -0500

Hi.

Is it possible to test at runtime for the presence of eggs and,
depending on the results, provide different definitions for a set of
symbols?

I recently made one of my programs (svnwiki) depend on SQLite for some
optional functionality.  I want it to test whether the sqlite egg is
present: if it isn't, it should define my db-access symbols to return
bogus (empty) values.  Otherwise, they should be defined with the real
code.  How can I do this?

Actually, in the future I'll probably also add support for PostgreSQL.
I'll want to test for the postgresql egg and act similary.  And, if
both the sqlite and the postgresql eggs are available, I'll let the
user choose which to use (via a configuration parameter).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

---=(  Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia  )=---
---=(  http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( address@hidden  )=---