Re: [Chicken-users] home for egg-repository needed...

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] home for egg-repository needed...
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:10:01 -0500

> Now the final question: would anybody be willing to spare some server-space
> for this? I need a server that holds the source-repo and runs a csi script
> on every commit that ftp's changed eggs to call/cc.org.

I could provide space in my svn.afc.no-ip.info server, which I
currently use for my eggs anyway.  My eggs are in:

  https://anonymous@:svn.afc.no-ip.info/svn/home/src/chicken-eggs/

I would probably create a separate repository for the eggs (currently
this repository holds a lot of other code besides the eggs).  I would
give the egg authors write access to their eggs' directories (I think
this would work better than giving everyone write access to the whole
repository).  And, I would, obviously, set it to run the update script
whenever a commit is made.

BTW, the script should somehow check to see which directory was
modified (since we're hosting multiple eggs on the same repository; I
find this preferable to using a different repository for each egg).
I've written a svn-post-commit-hooks egg for this very purpose (which
I use in my svnwiki and svnblog programs, both of which have code
executed whenever a commit to a svn repository is made and need to
tell what files where modified).

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

---=(  Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia  )=---
---=(  http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( address@hidden  )=---