[Chicken-users] development snapshot (2.315) available

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-users] development snapshot (2.315) available
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 00:06:35 +0200

Hello!

A new development tarball (version 2.315) is now available here:

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/chicken-2.315.tar.gz

What's different from 2.3:

- Bugfixes galore
- compiler:
 * added support for the generation of "export" files through the
"-emit-exports" option
 * new option `-check-imports' (csc: `-G') checks for unimported
symbols and can
   be quite helpful in finding unbound variable errors (this requires
all extensions
  ("eggs") to be adapted to this new feature, a process which isn't
complete yet)
 * new declaration `emit-exports'
 * new option `-disable-warning' and declaration `disable-warning'
 * new option `-release'
- chicken-setup:
 * new `exports' extension property
 * option `-check' checks for extension upgrades
 * added `-eval' option
- FFI:
 * added the handy `$' macro, which lets you do foreign calls directly
 * `define-foreign-enum' for treating C enums as symbol-sets
 * `foreign-safe-wrapper' has been deprecated
- Slight reorganization of TinyCLOS and match macros and support code
- `thread-join!' has been generalized to allow a thread to have multiple results
- Renamed `thread-deliver-signal!' to `thread-signal!' and
`invalid-procedure-call-handler'
 to `set-procedure-call-handler!'
- The system can be configured to add an extra slot to symbol objects
- Another configuration option enables GC of unused symbols by default
- The extension repository is now versioned to catch binary incompatible
 installations, this requires to either move all installed extensions to the
 new location ("$prefix/lib/chicken/1") or reinstall them
- Now supports SRFI-61 (extended `cond')
- Added `load-relative'
- trivial implementations of `real-part', `imag-part', `angle' and
`magnitude' have
 been added to the library to allow more portable code
- Breakpoints and single-stepping of compiled code on the function-level, new
 procedures `breakpoint' and `singlestep'
- Added `integer64' foreign type specifier

Thanks to all that have helped and contributed!!!

I'd like to fix a new release (2.4) in the next time, so I'd be grateful, if
someone would give the snapshot a try. In particular some changes in
the build-scripts might cause problems, as I'm well known to do silly
mistakes in these situations...

(felix)