[Chicken-users] Re: can't compile the egg srfi-27

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: can't compile the egg srfi-27
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:31:49 -0700

On Aug 6, 2006, at 1:06 PM, Tamas K Papp wrote:

Hi Kon,

I tried to setup your srfi-27 package, but failed.  I wonder if I am
missing something obvious, maybe you can help.  Here is the output:

pu100877:/tmp/eggs# chicken-setup srfi-27

The extension srfi-27 does not exist.
Do you want to download it ? (yes/no/abort) [yes] yes
downloading catalog ...
downloading catalog from www.call-with-current-continuation.org ...
downloading srfi-27.egg from (www.call-with-current- continuation.org eggs/
80) ...
  creating directory 'srfi-27.egg.dir'
  gunzip -c ../srfi-27.egg | tar xvf -
./._setup-header.scm
setup-header.scm
./._conf-test.scm
conf-test.scm
./._fp-extn.scm
fp-extn.scm
srfi-27.html
./._srfi-27.scm
srfi-27.scm
./._mrg32k3a-primitives.scm
mrg32k3a-primitives.scm
./._mrg32k3a.scm
mrg32k3a.scm
./._mwc-primitives.scm
mwc-primitives.scm
./._mwc.scm
mwc.scm
./._entropy-primitives.scm
entropy-primitives.scm
./._entropy.scm
entropy.scm
./._srfi-27-structures.scm
srfi-27-structures.scm
./._srfi-27-parameters.scm
srfi-27-parameters.scm
./._srfi-27-distributions.scm
srfi-27-distributions.scm
./._srfi-27-large-numbers.scm
srfi-27-large-numbers.scm
./._srfi-27.setup
srfi-27.setup
  /usr/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -O2 -d1 -s
entropy-primitives.scm -o entropy-primitives.so -d0 -O3
  cp -r entropy-primitives.so /usr/lib/chicken
  /usr/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -O2 -d1 -s entropy.scm -o
entropy.so
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 11: /usr/bin/chicken
entropy.scm -output-file entropy.c -dynamic -feature chicken- compile-shared
-quiet -feature compiling-extension -optimize-level 2 -debug-level 1
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"/usr/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -O2 -d1 -s entropy.scm -o
entropy.so...
11
pu100877:/tmp/eggs#

Nothing obvious. You are using a Chicken < version 2.310, although that shouldn't be a problem.

I have no idea what exit status 11 means.

Do you have the following eggs already installed - numbers structures miscmacros misc-extn? chicken-setup should follow the dependencies & load them for you but good to check.

If all the dependencies are accounted for then try:

cd /tmp/eggs/srfi-27.egg.dir
/usr/bin/csc -v3 -feature compiling-extension -O2 -d1 -s entropy.scm - o entropy.so

and let me know what you get.

Also, what platform are you using?

Best wishes,
Kon