Re: [Chicken-users] RFC: documentation lookup utility

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] RFC: documentation lookup utility
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 20:59:19 -0700

Toby Butzon wrote:

Comments?

Typing a word into a URL is not really the kind of documentation I want. I want to click on a word in the editor I'm using and be taken to relevant documentation. I don't want to use my brain, I want the computer to do that.

I'm about to go up an XEmacs etags learning curve for this reason. We'll see if it's any good and what it buys me. Actually in that case I'm not looking for documentation, but ways to analyze program structure, so it's a slightly different problem. That said, perhaps the etags approach is useful to you.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every