Re: [Chicken-users] How easy is it to use Chicken in Windows XP

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] How easy is it to use Chicken in Windows XP
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:25:02 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> CMake is definitely what you want if you're doing MinGW.  CMake is
> working for John Cowan on Cygwin as well; he tests it regularly.

Okay, time for some more updates.  The last build had a line of v's and
a line of ^'s in CMakeLists.txt and wouldn't work at all.  This one
gives the following errors:

$ cmake /opt/chicken/darcs
-- C_STACK_GROWS_DOWNWARD=1
-- CHICKEN_HOME is NOT set in your environment.
-- Searching system PATHs for Chicken.
-- Chicken 2000300 required; using 2004100.

        You are obviously being too picky.

-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/batch-driver.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/c-backend.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/c-platform.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/chicken.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/compiler.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/eval.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/extras.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/library.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/lolevel.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/match.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/optimizer.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/pcre.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/posixunix.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/posixwin.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/pregexp.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/profiler.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/regexunix.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/scheduler.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/srfi-1.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/srfi-4.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/srfi-13.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/srfi-14.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/srfi-18.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/stub.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/support.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/tcp.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
-- Missing /opt/chicken/darcs/boot/utils.c.in
        Not an error, can generate if needed.
CMake Error: Cannot find source file "/opt/chicken/cmake/nsample.scm"

        Felix's last set of patches has gotten rid of nsample altogether.

Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in
.txx
CMake Error: CMake failed to properly look up cmSourceFile: nsample.scm
CMake Error: File /opt/chicken/darcs/csc.scm.in does not exist.
CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
/opt/chicken/darcs/CMakeLists.txt:860:
CONFIGURE_FILE Problem configuring file
Current CMake stack:
/opt/chicken/darcs/CMakeLists.txt;/usr/share/cmake-2.4.3/Modules/CMakeCInformation.cmake;/usr/share/cmake-2.4.3/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake
CMake Error: Cannot find source file "/opt/chicken/cmake/csc.scm"

        I don't know what this is about at all.

Tried extensions .c .C .c++ .cc .cpp .cxx .m .M .mm .h .h++ .hm .hpp .hxx .in
.txx
CMake Error: CMake failed to properly look up cmSourceFile:
/opt/chicken/cmake/csc.scm
-- Testing whether Darcs actually works.
plink: unknown option "-O"
Wed Aug 23 19:15:17 EST 2006  address@hidden
  * - merged with Brandon's stuff:
    * uses chicken-defaults.h instead of chicken-paths.h
    * stack-size.h isn't needed anymore
    * removed nsample
  - configure.in: didn't AC_SUBST STACK_GROWS_DOWNWARD
-- Darcs works.  Can create ChangeLog.
-- Configuring done

--
John Cowan    http://ccil.org/~cowan    address@hidden
Economists were put on this planet to make astrologers look good.