Re: [Chicken-users] benchmarks from the Gambit world

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] benchmarks from the Gambit world
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:29:45 +0200

On 8/30/06, Dan <address@hidden> wrote:
So, in other words, Felix tried the benchmarks pointed
to by Sven and found Chicken to be lacking... :) ?

No, not at all. Chicken's performance is just fine. I just
refuse to burn time and energy for things that are not
broken, or things that will never be quite satisfactory for
everybody, regardless how one tries.

For performance and numerical simulations, I found
pure Chicken unsatisfactory. Mixing in some C made it
better, but that quickly becomes limiting. Another
good option (for me) was to use OCAML with a Scheme
interpreter on top (OCS).

That's quite correct. Put metaprogramming facilities (a bit
like the stuff Will does) is IMHO the way to go.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp