Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Extensions for svnwiki

From: Peter Busser
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: Extensions for svnwiki
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 22:21:00 +0100

Hi!

> How many extensions are you talking about? You could either put
> each extension into an egg (unless you have lots of them), or
> you could group them together and put several (probably related ones)
> into separate eggs. I think that's better than a separate repository.

And what kind of extensions are we talking about?

There are already eggs which are only useful for a limited target
audience, like the BSD parallel port thing for instance. I don't think
the size of the target audience should be a limitation for adoption of
the egg on the Chicken site. Otherwise we will get several public egg
repositories, which makes life only more difficult for the users.

Just my 0.02 Euro.

Groetjes,
Peter.