Re: [Chicken-users] ARM compilation problems

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ARM compilation problems
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 00:48:04 -0700

On 4/23/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
On 4/23/07, Shawn Rutledge <address@hidden> wrote:

> I may try again with the OZ GCC but I'm guessing this problem really
> has something to do with relocation (having gcc or some library
> installed in a non-standard location).  Maybe I should just copy my
> whole rootfs to a directory on the CF card and use that as a chroot
> environment, then install GCC over there where there is enough space
> to do it.  Then at least I can be sure the libraries are all the same
> versions as the OZ ones.

Have you ever considered cross-compiling?

Then csc wouldn't work on the Zaurus.  Everything has to be compiled
in advance, or interpreted slowly.

> I'm hoping TCC will support the ARM some day (I know that project has
> been started but doesn't quite work yet) and then I could use that for
> Chicken.  Of course, the reason I want to use a native compiler is
> that csc will be useable.

Well, I doubt tcc (the embeddable C compiler?) will handle Chicken
source files, nor will it generate good code. Have you tested Chicken

Hmm.  Why?  The code depends on features that are only in gcc?

with tcc on x86?

No.