Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names

From: Thomas Christian Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Mac OS X static library names
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:00:55 +0200

Brandon Van Every wrote:

> [...]
> On the other hand, we could eliminate all support for static linking,
> bowing to the One True Apple Way Of Doing Things [TM].  How do people
> feel about that?
> [...]

Hello,

I wouldn't mind if static linking was not supported. But in that case we
can just as well leave the situation as is: Everything is working, no
effort is needed to change it and if some unlikely use case calls for
static linkage, its possible to use the static libraries as long as one
knows what one is doing.

cu,
Thomas