Re: [Chicken-users] file-exists? on Windows

From: Thomas Christian Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] file-exists? on Windows
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:01:18 +0200

Kon Lovett wrote:

> [...] We do need to remember that whatever
> their compatibility layers/modes Win32 & MacOS X are not unix. [...]

Hello,

just to clarify this: Win32 itself doesn't even provide any
compatibility layer to look like UNIX. But MacOS X *is* a UNIX system.
The native API for userspace to communicate with the kernel is POSIX
compliant and you can even reuse FreeBSD kernel level code in MacOS X to
some extent -- how much more UNIX do you want? Anything that looks or
works like MacOS 9 or lower in MacOS X is a compatibility hack, not the
other way around!

cu,
Thomas