Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing chicken

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing chicken
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 13:39:22 -0400

Shawn W. scripsit:

> That's what I meant about getting other people's views. Personally, I
> don't care if something can run on Windows or not so having that as a
> plus wouldn't have ever occurred to me. Thanks!

Here's my list:

- Strong (even though not perfect) standards adherence
- Fast (even though not the fastest) compiled code
- Highly portable generated C
- Large egg library
- Unicode support
- Vibrant community
- Fast-responding maintainer (that would be Felix; thanks, Felix)

The first three features led me to choose Chicken for a particular project
where I was replacing a C program and needed to be able to deliver C
source that was competitive in performance.  The remaining features made
Chicken my Scheme-of-all-work.

--
As we all know, civil libertarians are not      John Cowan
the friskiest group around -- comes from        address@hidden