Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS Rant

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] R6RS Rant
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 02:09:54 -0700

On Jun 5, 2007, at 1:37 AM, Sunnan wrote:

Kon Lovett wrote:

<snip>
What I miss most from R5RS is the user-visible way to include and/ or define libraries. Today I use chicken and write (require- extension extension-names ...) but I'd love for this to be the same across most Schemes.

Umm, I might see my 60th birthday before packaging is core Scheme. (I don't think there should be anything else, except "optional.")

Well, 'require-extension' is an accepted SRFI. And Chicken does support 'require' (I use it in the bloom-filter egg, however it isn't PLT-Scheme compliant) & 'load' (I use it in the 'procedure-surface' egg).

But, yes. There is no agreement on the "simple" process of acquiring a "library." Because, "library" is not a simple concept.

Best Wishes,
Kon

Sunnan