Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project

From: Mark Fredrickson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Choosing a programming language for a web project
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:12:38 -0500

> FWIW, Peter, I also have a mini-framework I've been meaning to eggify.
> I wonder how many of us have rolled their own?

I too would like to see them. Even if not in an egg form. An example
app would be good enough for me. Perhaps the classic Reddit clone?
I've been looking at some Lisp frameworks that use that as an example:

http://bc.tech.coop/blog/051221.html

That page highlights KPAX as one example CL framework. An interesting
approach in KPAX is use of object prevalence instead of a RDBMS or
similar for data storage. Is anyone in the chicken world doing
something similar? I've been thinking about porting the CL
implementation KPAX uses over to chicken, but I wouldn't mind saving
myself the effort.

Cheers,
-Mark

(Apologies to Graham who is seeing this for the 2nd time. I didn't
realize the list didn't munge my reply headers. Mea culpa)