Re: [Chicken-users] XML-RPC and authentication

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] XML-RPC and authentication
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:15:22 +0200

On 10/22/07, Thomas Christian Chust <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wondered whether there was a way to transmit a custom header with
> every request sent by the XML-RPC egg, which would enable me to use
> basic HTTP authentication.
>
> Any ideas how to achieve this would be welcome :-)

Hi!

I don't think this is supported, but it shouldn't be hard to add: see the
code for "xml-rpc:server", which passes a few headers to
"http:send-request". An additional argument couild be used here,
but then it might as well be sensible to turn the procedure into
one that accepts keyword arguments. Or extra arguments to
the procedure returned by "xml-rpc:server"? I'm not sure what is
best here...

cheers.