Re: [Chicken-users] Revised Chapter 1 (reminder)

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Revised Chapter 1 (reminder)
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:40:15 -0700

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Vincent Manis <address@hidden> wrote:
>    2. The section on editors/development environments is still
>  incomplete,
>       and currently covers only Emacs, Epsilon, and vim. If you have any
>       other preferred editor/development environment, please add a few
>       sentences about it. (Someone mentioned editing with proportional
>       fonts; I don't do it myself, but if anyone has any comments on
>  that,
>       they would be appreciated.)

I added some info about SciTE, which can use proportional fonts.
However it doesn't have any Scheme features beyond (very good)
parenthesis-matching.  Some day if I find the time I would like to try
adding some.  As it is, I like this editor because I can use it for
everything (any language, UTF-8 and Unicode, plain text, etc), on
every platform, for both work stuff and hobby stuff.  I know vi well
enough too, just as a fallback, but haven't taken the time to learn
emacs.  (Yes I should...)  Personally I don't usually use the
lines shorter than 80 columns, and that's easier to see with the
fixed-width fonts.  (It's old-fashioned but what can you do....)