Re: [chicken-users] (declare (uses ...)) causing grief

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [chicken-users] (declare (uses ...)) causing grief
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:05:18 -0700

On Mar 14, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Leonardo Valeri Manera wrote:

On 14/03/2008, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:
(declare (uses ...)) doesn't do what you think it does. :-) It's for
 specifying relationships between compilation units, not modules
 (eggs).

 I usually do csc -X module1 -R module2 myfile.scm (where module1 is
 needed at compilation, and module2 is needed at runtime).

I don't even understand what (declare (unit)) does, apart from the
fact that it makes csc complain in compiling a unit in dynamic mode.

And I'm not good with docs, but I can't seem to find much info on what those 2.

Kinda the inverse of '(uses ...)'. For use when compiling files for inclusion in a binary library. Extensions have (almost) no need to use it.

Leo