Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with csc and csi under MinGW + MSYS

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems with csc and csi under MinGW + MSYS
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 18:47:24 +0900

  I believe I know the cause of the error with chicken-setup. It
appears that Chicken is unable to find any file in the MinGW
filesystem:

csi> (file-exists? (make-absolute-pathname "/usr/local/bin" "chicken.exe"))
#f

$ ls /usr/local/bin/chicken.exe
/usr/local/bin/chicken.exe

The file exists in /usr/local/bin under the directory where MinGW is
installed, but the corresponding system call probably tries to find
that file in /usr/local/bin as a top-level directory. So when
chicken-setup tries to run csc, it does something like (system
"/usr/local/bin/csc" ...) and that fails because csc.exe is not found
in that location. The same goes for the case when csc tries to run the
chicken compiler.

   -Ivan