Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg

From: Leonardo Valeri Manera
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ditching syntax-case modules for the utf8 egg
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 14:16:04 +0100

On 18/03/2008, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:
>  For what it's worth, I also think that GMP should be in the core, and
>  that no one, nowhere should be allowed to publish an egg with a
>  toplevel procedure named (format) in it. Mysterious toplevel
>  interactions between indirect dependents are the bane of good
>  software.

We're veering into unrelated territory here, but elf is working on
some very fast full numeric tower support for the core right now - and
it doesn't need GMP, which would be bad for my project (eINIT) since
that would mean a /usr dependency for an init system >_>

100% agreement on the (format) thing :)

Leo