[Chicken-users] newbie srfi-38 (shared structure) & records question

From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: [Chicken-users] newbie srfi-38 (shared structure) & records question
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:42:15 +0100

Hello All

(My third batch of questions)

I want to use srfi-38, that is read-with-shared-structure & write-with-shared-structure to persistently store & reload (at next program invocation) a complex state with shared values. I like very much that the persisted state is some textual file. The issue is then to store values which contain stuff which cannot be really stored, in particular closures (perhaps even continuation closures), mutex, threads, etc... My intuition would be that these could be slots in records which I do not write (nor re-read) at all. So the record writer would write nil for such slots, and at read time some postprocessing would be required to fill them appropriately. Specifically, I was thinking of persisting my "function-like" values as the name of a function, the closed values, ... (closed within my DSL, not only in the chicken sense, because there is no way of accessing Chicken closures contents.).

First are structures provided in http://chicken.wiki.br/Unit data-structures (e.g. queues) correctly persisted using write-with-shared-structure & read-with-shared-structure ?

Second are external representations http://chicken.wiki.br/Non-standard read syntax #,(CONSTRUCTORNAME DATUM ...) compatible with write-with-shared-structure & read-with-shared-structure ?

Also, does write-with-shared-structure uses the writing routines set on records with define-record-printer ?

Thanks for reading.

Regards.

membre de l'APRIL "promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre"
Rejoignez maitenant pplus de 3500 adhérents http://www.april.org