Re: [Chicken-users] Overview page for Chicken's support of standards

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Overview page for Chicken's support of standards
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:04:46 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> About the srfi-72; it's not part of Chicken 4, but if I understand you
> correctly, Chicken 3 supports it. Is it correct to remove it from the
> page altogether, then?

If you look at the egg page, it says that the implementation is not
supported.  Apparently the upstream maintainer has issued a new version
which was never ported.  I think it's bogus to claim we support a SRFI
when we don't support the only available implementation of that SRFI.

The exact same thing is true of SRFI-57, and I've removed that from the
list too.

--
And through this revolting graveyard of the universe the muffled, maddening
beating of drums, and thin, monotonous whine of blasphemous flutes from