Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken on Windows (MinGW)

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken on Windows (MinGW)
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 06:31:13 -0400

Hi Arthur!

On Wed, 12 May 2010 17:39:26 -0300 Arthur Maciel <address@hidden> wrote:

> I tried compiling it with MinGW and worked charmingly.
>
> I'm facing problems installing awful egg, as it complains that required
> version
> of 'uri-generic' is older than 2. It says to run 'chicken-install
> uri-generic:2', but no package is found.

That's awful. :-) Strangely enough, awful doesn't directly depend on
uri-generic.  Maybe it's uri-common which requires uri-generic >= 2.

uri-common is required by intarweb and spiffy, and both are required by
awful.  In fact there's no version "2", but there's "2.something".
Maybe the message presented by chicken-install is misleading.

You can try to update uri-generic. You just need to run

    $ chicken-install uri-generic

This command will pick the latest uri-generic version.

> Congratulation for the wonderful job done. Running chicken on Windows
> tremendously expands my applications usefulness!

Thanks for the feedback. :-)

Best wishes.
Mario
--