[Chicken-users] for-each should signal error if given a non-list?

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] for-each should signal error if given a non-list?
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 21:15:33 +0200

Could we make for-each signal an error if given some argument (other
than the first) which is not a list?

In Chicken 3.4.0, evaluating (for-each 0 0) correctly signaled an
error:

  Error: (for-each) argument is not a proper list: 0

4.5.0 seems to just silently ignore the typing error.

Could we make it signal the error?  I think this behavior is better as
(1) it is more consistent with the rest of Chicken which signals
errors on this type of conditions and (2) makes it easier to detect
typing errors in programs.

Thanks!

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/