FastCGI (Re: I'm starting using chicken4 (Re: [Chicken-users] 4.6.1 perf

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: FastCGI (Re: I'm starting using chicken4 (Re: [Chicken-users] 4.6.1 performance boost
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 00:02:35 +0900

At Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:23:37 +0200,
Peter Bex wrote:
> > One solution would be to use SGI, which is not ready in chicken4.
>
> Indeed. However, fastcgi is ready.  You'd need to drop Spiffy then, though.

Can anybody tell me about fastcgi?
As far as I understand, fastcgi create several processes.
Because my project heavily depends on the lightweight threads,
running several processes is not possible,
and I want one process keeps running. (I don't want Apache (or anything)
to kill the process.)
How is it compatible with fastcgi?

Thanks.
Daishi