Re: [Chicken-users] date, string formatting and locale

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] date, string formatting and locale
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 14:44:51 +0100

On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 10:29:14AM -0300, Hugo Arregui wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm facing some troubles getting a formatted string from a date.
>
> 1) Using posix:
>
> (use posix)
> (time->string (string->time "2" "%d"))
> "Tue Jan  2 00:00:00 1900"
>
> but, my current locale es:
>
> (use locale)
> (current-locale)
> "es_AR.utf8"

hmmm, I think time->string uses strftime(), so it depends on
whether your OS supports this.  Can you verify that?  (ie, what's
the output of date(2)?)

> 2) Trying srfi-19:
>
> srfi-19-io has a format-date, but what kind of format is using?

I guess it uses the more Schemely syntax from SRFI-19. See the SRFI
document for details: http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-19/srfi-19.html

(search for "string->date")

Cheers,
Peter