[Chicken-users] lowest pain path to very simple 2d game/simulator on win

From: matt welland
Subject: [Chicken-users] lowest pain path to very simple 2d game/simulator on windows with Chicken?
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:20:20 -0700

I have developed a very simple simulator for studying and solving some agricultural problems using chicken + ezxdisp. The work was received nicely and I'd like to take it to the next level by upping the graphics performance and quality and deploying on windows but I'm dreading the process ....

There are a lot of related discussions on the wiki and email lists but I didn't come away from my reading with any clear recipe for success. So before I start I'd like to hear of any recent similar work done in the chicken community. If you have an opinion or experience with 2D graphics using SDL, Cairo or ezxdisp or something else, on Windows (or Linux) I'd like to hear about it.

Is this is the best documentation for developing on Windows? http://wiki.call-cc.org/compiling-chicken-on-windows-xp-with-mingw

BTW, I did the work on Mauke, Cook Islands, which must be among the more unusual places for chicken development :) let us know other interesting places.

Thanks in advance,

Matt
-=-