Re: [Chicken-users] SLIME and Chicken

From: Nick Gasson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] SLIME and Chicken
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 08:49:13 +0000

Hi Christian,

On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 14:29:22 +0100
Christian Kellermann <address@hidden> wrote:

> - Move your fine work over to the egg repository. Then it is more
>   accessible for chicken users. Mario will gladly give you a repo
>   directory to store it in.

OK, I'll try to do this. It'll certainly simplify the setup process.

> - Maybe make the location of csi a parameter? It may be a
>   misconfiguration of my emacs but I needed to include the full path
>   in chicken-swank.

I think it needs to be in a location in PATH. I've made it a variable -
slime-csi-path - that you can set in your .emacs.

> - With newer chickens csi does have commands to show the local
>   variables in call-chains, so maybe this can be added. From the swank
>   introductory video I gathered that this is standard behaviour on
>   lisps.

Thanks, I'll have a look at this, it's a very useful feature of CL
SLIME. I've been using Chicken 4.5 but I've noticed some things don't
work quite right in 4.6 (e.g. the backtrace shows #<frameinfo> instead
of the name of the function). I'll try to fix these too.

> I have attached my suggestions as a patch against the git repo.

I've applied it.

Thanks,

Nick