Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone successfully installed iup on Windows?

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Anyone successfully installed iup on Windows?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 02:20:53 +0100

2011/1/24 Thomas Chust <address@hidden>:
> 2011/1/24 Matt Welland <address@hidden>:
>> [...]
>> iup-base.c: In function 'stub1198':
>> iup-base.c:583:1: error: too few arguments to function 'IupReparent'
>> C:\\mylibs\\iup\\include/iup.h:76:11: note: declared here
>> [...]
>
> Hmm, that's bad, looks as if the signature of this function changed
> since I created the bindings. I'll look into it.
> [...]

Hello,

a new trunk version of the IUP egg is checked in that now uses the new
signature of IupReparent.

I herby confirm that the trunk version of the IUP egg works on Windows
XP inside VirtualBox with the following software stack:

  MinGW GCC 4.5.2 (installed through mingw-get)
  CHICKEN 4.6.3 (installed from source)
  ffcall 1.10 (installed from source)
  IM 3.6.3 (installed from binary archive, *_Win32_dllw4_lib variant)
  CD 5.4.1 (installed from binary archive, *_Win32_dllw4_lib variant)
  IUP 3.3 (installed from binary archive, *_Win32_dllw4_lib variant)

In order to compile the egg, I had to comment out all the find-library
checks in its setup script — I'm gradually getting the impression that
placing these checks there in the first place was probably a stupid
idea :-/

Ciao,
Thomas