[Chicken-users] Re: openssl egg frage

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: openssl egg frage
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 18:55:50 +0100

Am 1. März 2011 11:43 schrieb Matthias Bauer <address@hidden>:
> [...]
> Gibts eine M"oglichkeit aus einem ssl-port Objekt die Attribute des
> X509 Zertificates des Clients rauszulesen?
> [...]

Hello Matthias,

the reply is in English because I CC'ed the CHICKEN mailing list. What
you ask for has not been possible so far, but since I deemed it
useful, I quickly implemented it, at least partially.

Attached to this message is a patch for the openssl egg that adds
three public procedures:

  (ssl-peer-verified? PORT) => BOOLEAN

    Checks whether the peer connected to an SSL port has presented a
    valid certificate.

  (ssl-peer-subject-name PORT) => STRING | #f

    If the peer connected to an SSL port has presented a certificate,
    this procedure extracts the subject name from the certificate in
    textual form.

  (ssl-peer-issuer-name PORT) => STRING | #f

    If the peer connected to an SSL port has presented a certificate,
    this procedure extracts the issuer name from the certificate in
    textual form.

I haven't checked the patch into the egg repository, yet, because my
Subversion client presently refuses to do so, reporting a "403
Forbidden" HTTP error.

I hope the patch is useful and of course I'd be glad to hear comments,
suggestions or constructive criticism :-)

Ciao,
Thomas