[Chicken-users] Problem OS X Snow Leopard installation/Compilation

From: Francis Lavoie
Subject: [Chicken-users] Problem OS X Snow Leopard installation/Compilation
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 12:06:08 -0500

Hi,

I had some problem installing chicken on my Macs(2) running Snow Leopard. I read the wiki/README and search the mailing list without finding anything that helps resolve the issue.

After some reading and try and error, I found a solution. Maybe someone here can validate what I said and update the documentation to help others.

Problem :
Can't compile, unable to find stdio.c and all the other basic library.

Solution :
Don't use ARCH=universal specified in the documentation but instead ARCHFLAGS='-arch x86_64'

ex :
make C_COMPILER=gcc-4.0 PLATFORM=macosx ARCHFLAGS='-arch x86_64'
sudo make C_COMPILER=gcc-4.0 PLATFORM=macosx ARCHFLAGS='-arch x86_64' install

I hope it can helps someone. It probably only works for machine with a 64 bit cpu, but It would be nice to update the documentation, because it's a bit frustrating.

ThanksĀ

Francis