Re: [Chicken-users] raw packet interface

From: Nicolas Pelletier
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] raw packet interface
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:19:02 +0900

Hello,

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 13:52, Stephen Eilert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Do you think that bindings for libpcap would be enough for your purposes?

I'll need filtering capabilities like those of libpcap (or BPF).
However, libpcap does not seem (to my knowledge) to be able to send
packets. Since I intend to play tricks with the link layer, I think
I'll need to use BPF. Every OS seems to have its own prefered way of
filtering and sending raw frames, so maybe there's not much hope for
portability.

(I do not need portability; but if I can have it for a moderate price,
why not do it?)

Regards,

--
Nicolas