Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: Test version of new egg release system availabl

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] ANN: Test version of new egg release system available
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 00:05:01 +0200

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 03:28:54PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> There are still a few rough spots; it would be nice if releasing an
> egg would be more automated (with a shellscript, for example), so you
> don't need to manually maintain the meta-file and release-info file.
> This will be worked on during the rest of this week.

I've now added this for two VCSes: subversion and mercurial.

There's a chicken egg called "svn-egg-author" now:
http://wiki.call-cc.org/eggref/4/svn-egg-author

This egg allows people using subversion to make a new release with
one command: "svn-eggtag RELEASE". This will tag a release called
RELEASE.  It will first check whether the release already exists or
not, add it to the release-info file, update the meta-file, commit
those and copy the egg's trunk directory to tags/RELEASE.

There's also a Mercurial extension which does the equivalent operations
from Mercurial via a Mercurial subcommand: "hg eggtag RELEASE"
This can be downloaded from  https://bitbucket.org/sjamaan/egg-author/src

> It would also be nice if people who are using other VCSes would take a
> look at the system and add descriptions how to use these VCSes with
> this system.

This still stands. I'd appreciate it if the wiki could be updated with
better instructions for Fossil, bzr etc.

It would also be nice if people could work on "eggtag"-like
functionality for other VCSes than svn or hg.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx