Re: [Chicken-users] [recommendation] Run interactive commands inside a V

From: Tobia Conforto
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] [recommendation] Run interactive commands inside a Vim buffer
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 08:40:21 +0200

Yi Dai wrote:
> I just came across a cool kit that lets you run interactive commands inside
> a Vim buffer. It is called Conque!

This is great, much better than the VimSh featured on our own wiki
http://wiki.call-cc.org/vim
I will update the wiki shortly, as soon as I set up a few macros for it.

I have only tried it for 5 minutes, but here are a few reasons why
Conque is way better than VimSh:
- it detects on its own when there is new output to show;
- insert mode jumps to the bottom of the buffer;
- it correctly translates arrows and other special keys;
- it interprets ansi color and other control sequences;
- it even handles curses programs! (somewhat)

Thank you for this gem

Tobia