Re: [Chicken-users] help -- segmentation fault when (import chicken)

From: Christian Kellermann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] help -- segmentation fault when (import chicken)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:57:21 +0200

* HP Wei <address@hidden> [110618 03:53]:

> Machine: iMac Mac OS X 10.6.7
>
> I installed chicken by the following command:
>
> sudo port install chicken
>
> ---------------------------------
>
> The resulting csc is used to compile the (print "hello") successfully.
>
> csi can also be invoked ok.
> (version 4.4.0)  macosx-unix-gnu-x86-64 [ 64 bit manyargs dload ptables ].
>
> However, in csi,  the following results in Segmentation fault !!
>
> #;1> (import chicken)
>
> Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this ?

This is a really old chicken version. Does it bother you to retry with
the latest release version?  You can download it here:

http://code.call-cc.org/releases/4.7.0/chicken-4.7.0.tar.gz

If this does still not work for you, I will happily take another look.

Kind regards & sorry for your troubles,

Christian

P.S.: My machine says this:
$ csi

CHICKEN
(c)2008-2011 The Chicken Team
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
Version 4.7.0
openbsd-unix-gnu-mips [ 64bit dload ptables ]
compiled 2011-06-13 on thalia.my.domain (OpenBSD)

#;1> (import chicken)
#;2>

--
Who can (make) the muddy water (clear)? Let it be still, and it will
gradually become clear. Who can secure the condition of rest? Let