Re: [Chicken-users] Does chicken include a C compiler (ie. you don't hav

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Does chicken include a C compiler (ie. you don't have to install a seperate compiler)?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 16:37:14 -0400

Peter Bex scripsit:

> Is there anything compiler-specific on the wiki to indicate that it
> wouldn't work?

No, but there is no explanation how to make it work either.  I assume
that something like "make PLATFORM=macosx CC=clang" would be the Right
Thing, but it would be better to say so.  (Come to think of it, *is*
that enough to make csc invoke clang?)

> The only page I can remember offhand that talks about portability is
> http://wiki.call-cc.org/portability and that has some mentions of the
> Sun C compiler.  From that it's unclear whether Chicken works with
> gcc on OpenSolaris or not, but that makes sense; there are just some
> useful data points to indicate that someone tested it with this or that
> version and that it worked for them.

In that case, entries for clang and gcc-llvm should be added there
by the relevant someones.

--
Dream projects long deferred             John Cowan <address@hidden>
usually bite the wax tadpole.            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan