Re: [Chicken-users] Opening a TTY from chicken

From: Aaron Patterson
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Opening a TTY from chicken
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 22:15:04 -0700

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 09:02:17PM +0200, Christian Kellermann wrote:
> * Aaron Patterson <address@hidden> [120623 03:28]:
> > Hi everyone!
> >
> > I'm trying to open a tty from chicken (so that I can read data from my
> > meat curing box).  The stty egg seems to be the one I want, but whenever
> > I try to create a new port, chicken just blocks.
> >
> > Here is my program:
> >
> >   (open-input-file "/dev/tty.uart-AEFF467AF9D70234")
> >

> Does it work when you compile the program?

Yes, even if I compile the program, the compiled program hangs.  I tried
tracing syscalls, but it doesn't seem to help.

I rewrote the program as this (so the program will attempt to open
itself):

    (open-input-file "test.scm")
    (open-input-file "/dev/tty.uart-AEFF467AF9D70234")

Compiled like this:

    $ csc -O0 -static test.scm

And trapped all the system calls:

    $ sudo dtruss ./test 2> out.log

Here is the log file I produced:

    https://gist.github.com/2986727

It seems the compiled binary can open the `test.scm` file, but I don't
see an open syscall for the tty.  What else can I do to debug this?

Thanks.

--
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com/