[Chicken-users] Chicken-install not finding header files

From: Matt Gushee
Subject: [Chicken-users] Chicken-install not finding header files
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:11:59 -0600

Hello, list--

I feel kind of dumb asking this, since I know I've run into this issue
before and found solutions, but I can't find the answer in the manual
or the list archive.

Anyway, I am setting up a new VPS for some websites, and trying to
install the fastcgi egg. But the egg fails to install, and it looks
like the crucial problem is:

  fastcgi.c:13:25: error: fcgi_config.h: No such file or directory
  fastcgi.c:14:21: error: fcgiapp.h: No such file or directory
  fastcgi.c:15:24: error: fcgi_stdio.h: No such file or directory

And yes, I've installed libfcgi; the headers are definitely there. I
imagine some environment variable will solve the problem, but I can't
remember which one or how to set it for csc.

The OS is FreeBSD 9.1 on AMD64, and I have Chicken 4.8.0.5.

Thanks for any hints!

PS: Maybe there should be a Troubleshooting section in the wiki,
including info like this?

--
Matt Gushee