Re: [Chicken-users] unbound variable: or

From: arc
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] unbound variable: or
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 01:12:50 +1200

On 03/06/15 19:00, Peter Bex wrote:
On Tue, Jun 02, 2015 at 07:27:11PM -0400, John Cowan wrote:
Define-macro was never part of any Scheme standard.  Nonetheless, of
the 33 Schemes in my test suite with macros of some kind, all have
syntax-rules, 15 have define-macro (MIT is not one of them), 13 have
syntax-case, 5 have explicit renaming, 2 have syntactic closures, and 1
have explicit renaming.

ITYM "1 has implicit renaming".  There is one other Scheme that I'm aware
of which has implicit renaming macros: Picrin Scheme:
https://github.com/picrin-scheme/picrin

It's pretty cool in that it supports both er/ir macros *and* syntactic
closures.

I was under the impression that explicit renaming macros could be implemented in syntactic closures, and that is what is implied here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/mit-scheme/documentation/mit-scheme-ref/Explicit-Renaming.html

So it's perhaps not surprising that MIT and Picrin support both?

And in fact now I look for a little while longer, I find someone implementing implicit renaming in Chibi using syntactic closures:

https://gist.github.com/baguette/2632464

(Only found this 10 minutes ago, so I'm making no claims on its behalf...)

Cheers,
Peter

-arc.