Re: [Chicken-users] requesting addition/inclusion of new egg in egg-loca

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] requesting addition/inclusion of new egg in egg-locations
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2015 16:16:07 +0000

Hello masukomi,

On Wed, 2 Dec 2015 08:12:26 -0500 masukomi <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 5:51 AM, Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     - The code style is a bit unusual for Lisp/Scheme programmers, but
>     still a matter of personal taste. In case you are interested in
>     idiomatic style, I recommend
>     http://mumble.net/~campbell/scheme/style.txt
>
> Thanks, I'm still having a hard time with idiomatic lisp formatting. ;
> ) The end parens all bunched together makes it nigh-impossible for me
> to *look* at the code and know where one block ends, and as a
> lisp-newb that's crazy important to me. I get that the tooling in
> Emacs/Vim makes it easy to highlight the matching paren, but I prefer
> to not have to ask a machine to explain what I'm looking at to me,
> especially when I wrote it. ;) I find that as the code stabilizes I
> tend to reformat it to be more inline with the standard. So, it'll get
> there, eventually... I do appreciate the pointer though.

Sure.  No problem.  It's just a matter of style.  It doesn't make your
code wrong.

Can you please remove 0.5 from .release-info and tag a new version?

> Speaking of eggs and Salmonella there is one thing that I noticed from
> Salmonella that I haven’t been able to figure out, that I’ll fix in
> the next version if someone can tell me how:
>
> ==== Tests
> Ok: 1
> Failed: 0
> No tests: 0
>
> I can’t find any docs that tell me how to make the Ok: 1 actually show
> the real number of tests that were run, and I can’t find any docs that
> tell me the correct / standard way to deal with multi-file tests
> (multiple load calls in run.scm is what i did).

That's a bit misleading, indeed.  Those numbers correspond to eggs under
test.  In that case, you asked salmonella to test a single egg and it
reports that tests for one egg succeeded.  For a single egg, the summary
doesn't make much sense, but it can be useful when we test a larger set
of eggs (*).  The development version of salmonella doesn't show that
summary anymore for the "lint" mode:
https://github.com/mario-goulart/salmonella/commit/6118cdd41664e1e2da3db2fee64ca7d12b9abf21

(*) Example
(http://salmonella-linux-x86-64.call-cc.org/master-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86-64/2015/12/02/run-salmonella.logz)