[Chicken-users] Emacs - chicken-doc and apropos

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: [Chicken-users] Emacs - chicken-doc and apropos
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 14:06:33 -0900

This is just a FYI for the benefit of some fellow noob who might
have questions about invoking the chicken REPL in emacs on ubuntu
linux.

This presumes that geiser-mode is enabled for emacs

When choosing chicken from the geiser->run menu I got the following
error message
"""
No chicken-doc repository found at: "/usr/share/chicken/chicken-doc"
"""

To correct, I invoked the following :
sudo chicken-install chicken-doc

The previously quoted error message was repeated.

Assuming that the chicken-doc repository was a separate installation
from chicken-doc, a little research led me to invoke the following:
"""
curl http://3e8.org/pub/chicken-doc/chicken-doc-repo.tgz
"""
Once that was done, the REPL still failed to load with an error
message referring to the absence of the apropos module.

This was solved by the following :
"""
sudo chicken-install apropos
"""

So, now I have the chicken REPL running asynchronously in emacs.

cheers
--
Tim